IT Asset Recycling & Disposition
A proper IT asset disposal program protects company information and the brand
Technology is evolving rapidly and refresh cycles are shrinking. As a result, the process of IT asset disposition (ITAD) is more complex and introduces significant business risk for you and your organization.
A properly designed IT asset disposition program is one that meets all of your disposal needs while maximizing retired asset value in a secure, efficient and environmentally-friendly manner. Iron Mountain offers Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition, with proper logistics and secure chain-of-custody methods to ensure compliance, security and sustainability for all of your products.
Discover more about SITAD in this video:
Iron Mountain is the partner you can trust to handle it:
You can feel secure knowing that our e-Stewards Enterprise follows the strictest guidelines including a no-overseas and no-landfill policy.
Hard Drive and Tape Destruction
Establish a defensible, documented and repeatable process to prepare, transport and destroy hard drives, backup tapes and other e-waste onsite at your data center or at an offsite destruction facility.
IT Asset Remarketing
Convert your legacy laptops, PCs and other hardware into a new revenue stream while maintaining your information privacy and helping the planet.
Enterprise IT Asset Disposition Programs
Develop a custom program designed for your organization that disposes of IT assets and maximizes value recovery.
SITAD Buyback Program
Iron Mountain’s Secure eWaste and IT Asset Disposition service (SITAD) can help you maximize the value of your retired items through our IT Asset Buy Back program.
What you’ll get:
- Data Sanitization – all data is erased according to DoD guidelines
- Buy Back Process – Iron Mountain will work with you finalize the list of IT assets eligible for buy back
- Responsible Recycling – any assets not having aftermarket value will be properly recycled according
Here's how IT Asset Recycling & Disposition works:
Avoid the chances of a data breach by having a clear strategy for securely destroying, recycling or repurposing media and other IT equipment
The Iron Mountain® Secure IT Asset Disposition solution helps you destroy and recycle or repurpose numerous IT equipment types with reliable, environmentally-friendly and secure services.
The Asset Disposition solutions help you reduce e-waste by destroying and recycling or redeploying a wide variety of IT assets. Plus, with services that include secure logistics with rigorous chain-of-custody processes, you can rest assured that the entire process will be managed securely and conveniently, maximizing the value of the retired assets.
With Iron Mountain, you can:
- Work with a single, trusted vendor to build and manage your IT asset disposition and media destruction practices following a proven, certified process that is consistently implemented across all of your locations.
- Have the ability to tailor the program to reflect your company's internal objectives and align with its unique compliance requirements.
- Rely on a consistent, dependable, secure IT asset destruction process that complies with internal and external regulations and helps you deliver on corporate sustainability initiatives.
Secure eWaste and IT Asset Disposition
Improper disposal of IT assets puts sensitive information at risk and potential damage to the brand
Regardless of the size or industry of your company, you need a defined process and secure procedures for disposing of retired and non-working assets. Regulatory penalties, a damaged brand reputation and inadvertent disclosures could result from improper methods.
Iron Mountain® Secure e-Waste and IT Asset Disposition (SITAD) services enable you to securely dispose of obsolete IT assets in an environmentally responsible manner and maximize your asset value recovery with industry-leading logistics and secure chain of custody processes.